This program aims at improving innovation and develop creative thinking in an organization. You will learn how to develop imagination, innovation and lateral thinking – for persons and business teams. Participants will be equipped with all the tools and techniques they need to become a better manager in this work area and to be able to bring the best out of their team using the skills and knowledge provided in this program. The managers will also be able to ensure improved overall results in the organization for a successful tomorrow.
This training program has been planned out keeping in mind both the traditional and up to the minute trends and requirements of the given field. This makes the course an ideal learning opportunity for all of its participants. Please make a note that a custom proposal can also be acquired, if you have different training requirements for your team.
Who is it for?
This course is for you if you are a one of individuals or business teams. This program has been designed to help augment creative thinking skills and promote ground-breaking ideas.
- Gain knowledge of how to use a range of creative thinking approaches, tools and methods to generate ideas and solve problems
- Have an understanding of why some individuals are naturally creative, but also how everyone can improve their creative skills
Benefits of using a creative approach
- Facilitator presentation, participant personal introductions and ice breaker
Recognizing the variance between creativity & innovation
- Understanding the cycle of innovation
- Facilitator presentation and group discussion
Breaking through thought patterns and assumptions
- Recognizing left and right brain thinking
- Identifying how creative we are
- Individual creative thinking exercise, group review and self-assessment questionnaire
- Simple methods and techniques to develop creativity
- Identifying ways to further develop creative thinking
- Individual practical exercises and group review
Methods and tools for generating ideas
- Brainstorming or blue sky thinking session
- Reverse brainstorming
- Sort cards or mind maps
- Sticky notes/Metaplanning method
- Recognizing when best to use each idea generation technique
- Facilitator technique demonstration with group plus learning review
Logical versus lateral thinking
- Recognizing the differences between lateral and logical thinking
- Appreciating our strengths
- Energizer exercise, short presentation, ‘Message in a bottle’ exercise, review
Creative problem solving
- Creative problem-solving techniques
- Using the problem checklist, “go wild” and 5 whys
- Applying to work-related problems
- Facilitator demonstration of techniques, pairs or trios exercise
Applying the learning
- Turning creative ideas into action
- Small group practical problem solving and creative thinking activities, group feedback and review
Reviewing the learning and next steps
- Review of learning and action planning
No Reviews found for this course.